Support for your well-being
Good mental health provides a strong foundation for study and work. It is important to seek help if you are not doing well. There are a range of ways in which you can work on your mental well-being. You can also turn to others for help and guidance. Take a look at the various options available.
Our student psychologists are on hand to help you with any psychological problems you might be experiencing, such as fear of failure, motivation issues, sombre thoughts or serious stress. Get in touch and plan an (online) appointment.
Do you have questions about your own habits or are you worried about another person’s substance use? The Trimbos Institute researches and shares knowledge on alcohol, tobacco, drugs and mental health.
If you are you dealing with stress, loneliness, depression or something else, you can chat online for free via @Ease. On Mondays from 15.30 till 18.30 you can also drop by for a chat in person at Hooigracht 12 in Leiden. No appointment is required.
Students can get just as lonely as anyone else. You can get support from a number of organisations:
- Rapenburg100 offers meeting and guidance for those experiencing loneliness.
- AntiLoneliness offers counselling, therapy and other services. Students receive discount.
- You can also contact the student psychologists.
The University Sports Centre (USC) offers a range of online sports tutorials via YouTube, to make sure you get enough exercise and relaxation. Handy if you are studying from home or if you want to try out a new sport. You can also do sports on-location at the USC for a very reasonable price. Read more about the University Sports Centre.
It is very important to register with a GP practice close to where you live. In Leiden and The Hague there are a number of practices that accept students:
- In Leiden, you can register with GP practices Van den Braken and Minken.
- In The Hague you can register with de Doc or the International Health Centre.
- Rather search for your own GP practice? Use kiesuwhuisarts.nl – in Dutch but simply enter your postcode or town name to find a practice near you.
Take a moment of silence, peace and relaxation for yourself. Rapenburg 100 offers free online meditation sessions for students:
- In English, Sundays at 18:00: Send a mail to join
- In Dutch,Tuesdays at 09:00: Send a mail to join
Do you have questions about your sexual health, for example STDs, contraception or pregnancy? You can contact Sense, the centre for sexual health, anonymously.
Protect your mental health - with Erik Scherder
Due to the selected cookie settings, we cannot show this video here.Watch the video on the original website or
Have a good suggestion? Let us know.
Do you have a good suggestion concerning how to improve student well-being? Let us know by sending a mail to: email@example.com.