Graduation Bachelor Security Studies
The graduation ceremony of the Bachelor Security Studies will take place on 27 August 2020 at the Wijnhaven building, The Hague. Please find more information below.
Programme of the graduation ceremony
The official programme will start at 15:00 hrs (CEST). Because of all the regulations at the moment we will ask you to arrive on the time that is mentioned on your invitation.
The programme will be finished around 18:00 hrs.
The invitation will be sent by email in the week of 20 July.
You are allowed to only bring two guests, because of all the safety regulations of the RIVM and Leiden University.
The graduation ceremony will take place at our building Wijnhaven, Turfmarkt 99 in The Hague.
If you or one of your guests have a physical disability, please let us know what you or your guests need via email@example.com, and we will try our best to find a mutual solution.
The Wijnhaven location (Turfmarkt 99, 2511 DP, Den Haag) is a 5-minute walk from The Hague Central Station.
More information about COVID-19 in the train.
The location Wijnhaven has no private parking space. We therefore recommend to travel by public transportation to the graduation ceremony, also since it’s only a five minute walk from The Hague Central Station.
Three nearby parking spaces are:
- Parkeergarage Turfmarkt, Schedeldoekshaven 101-271, 2511 EM The Hague
- Q-Park Muzenplein, Fluwelen Burgwal 46, 2511 CJ The Hague
- Interparking Helicon, Zwarteweg 40, 2511 VS The Hague
The graduation will be organised according to the current regulations of the RIVM (the Dutch national Health Institute). If the measures are adjusted by the government, we will of course implement this in the organisation of this graduation ceremony. If that is the case, we will let you know immediately. For now the measure we will take include:
- The Wijnhaven location has been completely adapted to the 1.5-meter guidelines. There are special walking routes in the building and the room capacity has been adjusted. This means that we will place the students in one room and the guests in the other auditorium. Guests living under one roof are allowed to sit next to each other. For the others, space is left between the seats. By means of cameras and large screens, we will bring you together as much as possible. For privacy reasons, we need your permission to film and stream. If you object, we will work together to find a suitable solution. Unfortunately, the drinks afterwards cannot take place either.
- If you are travelling from a country or region with an orange (holiday travel is not advisable) or red colour code, you must spend 2 weeks in quarantine before you are allowed to go to a university building. This means that if you or your guests have been in such an area between August 12th and 26th, then, unfortunately, you are not welcome.
- In addition to the physical measures related to the coronavirus, we ask you and your guests to complete a health declaration in due course. Enclosed you will find an example. We will keep your details for a maximum of 30 days in connection with possible contact tracing.