National and local guidelines
The guidelines for Higher Education from the government have been published on 25 August. General government guidelines are published here. Additional information from the University and the Campus Protocal is published on the University coronavirus website. In principle LUC follows these guidelines; considering the residential setting of our program, we add LUC-specific policy where needed. The key points can be be summarized as:
The key points from the new protocol:
- With effect from 6 November 2021, everyone is again required to wear a face mask when moving around inside university buildings. Once you are seated at your work or study place, you can remove your face mask.
- There has been a change to the advice to staff on working from home: we will work at home for at least half of our working hours. Staff and their managers will discuss together how this can best be arranged.
- Restaurant facilities and the sports centre will remain open for staff and students. Visitors from outside the university will need to have a corona pass. See the website for the rules for visiting the sports centre.
- The Hortus botanicus is only accessible with a corona pass.
- Wherever possible, keep a safe distance from other people, avoid busy areas and travel only outside the rush hour.
If you have symptoms of Covid-19, no matter if they are only very mild, stay home and self-isolate until you have been symptom-free for 24 hours. Symptoms include: (mild) fever, coughing, cold symptoms, shortness of breath, loss of taste or smell. Consider taking your own temperature every morning for early detection of fever. The people you have been in close contact with over the past few days should also stay home. Call 0800-1202 to request to be tested for Covid-19 by the Health Services (GGD).