Certificate and Board of Examiners
Upon successful completion of your Honours track, you will be awarded a certificate and have your Honours College credits mentioned on your bachelor's diploma supplement.
Conditions for certification
Faculty track or individual track
Youreceive a certificate for the Honours College if:
- You have completed 30 EC of honours courses, including at least one Bachelor Honours Class (5 EC)
- You have completed both their bachelor's study and your honours track within 3 years
- The weighted grade average for their regular bachelor is a 7.0 or higher
The certificate is a physical proof that allows you to show employers that you have successfully completed your honours programme.
Double Bachelor Plus
Ask your faculty Honours College coordinator for details of the conditions.
There are two types of requests that can be made to the Board of Examiners.
You have met all the conditions to obtain your Honours College certificate, but you want to postpone certification because you have also requested postponement of graduation from your bachelor’s programme? In this case you can request postponement of certification from the Board of Examiners of the Honours College.
In order to receive an Honours College certificate, you must complete both your bachelor’s programme and honours track within three years. If you are unable to meet this condition due to unforeseen cicumstances, you can request an extension from the Board of Examiners.
Unforseen circumstances include, but are not limited to:
- Personal circumstances (e.g. chronic or long-term illness, psychological issues, the loss of a family member)
- Study-related activities that contribute to your academic development (e.g. study abroad, internships)
- Scheduling problems due to you having to follow additional courses
- Board activities for a study or student association
- Top-level sport or cultural activities
If your request is granted, you may still be eligible to receive your Honours College certificate.
Requesting a postponement or extension
If you require a postponement of certification or an extension of the time limit, you must submit a request to the Board of Examiners.
- You are advised to first discuss your situation with your Honours College coordinator or coach. They can advise you on how to draw up your request.
- Draw up your request, making sure to include the following information:
- Your name, student number and email address
- Your HC track name and commencement date
- Your bachelor’s programme name and commencement date
- Nature of the request, i.e., Postponement of certification or Extension of time limit
- Duration of requested postponement or extension
- Reason(s) for your request and proposed study plan
- Send your request to the Board of Examiners via email.
The Board of Examiners aims to reach a decision concerning your request within three weeks. You will be notified of the decision via email.