Application & admission
Does the Double Bachelor plus sound right for you? If so, take a look at the admission requirements and application procedures.
- You are following two bachelor’s programmes at a Dutch University, at least one of which is at Leiden University;
- Your average grade for both bachelor's programmes is at least 7.0;
- You are looking for extra challenge alongside your studies;
- You have made satisfactory progress in both bachelor’s programmes.
The faculty deadline for your second bachelor's programme applies.
Governance and Global Affairs
Social and Behavioural Sciences
You can apply from December onwards.
The following documents must accompany your application:
- A letter of motivation, max. 500 words (Dutch or English), in which you describe:
- Why you want to join the Honours College in general;
- How the Honours College will contribute to your personal development;
- A general plan in which you answer the following questions:
- how many study credits within how many years do you expect to obtain for both your bachelor programmes?
- When do you have time to follow one or more Bachelor Honours Classes?
- Are you dedicating a lot of time to any other activities?
- Curriculum vitae
- Recent transcript of grades
Once you have submitted your application, the admission committee will decide whether you can be admitted.
If you have applied to begin in the second semester of your first academic year, you can be 'provisionally' admitted and permitted to start your honours studies. If you fulfil the admission condition of obtaining your propaedeutic (first-year) diploma within one year, your admission will be made 'definitive' in October.
If you have applied to begin in your second academic year, you will be informed whether you have been admitted in October, after we have verified that you have obtained your propaedeutic diploma on time.