Application & admission
Does Humanities Lab of the Honours College sound right for you? If so, take a look at the admission requirements and application procedures.
- You receive a positive initial study advice in January for provisional admittance to start in BA1;
- You must obtain your propaedeutic (first-year) diploma within one year;
- You have the ambition, self-discipline and time to pursue an extra 30 EC programme;
- You are interested in a broad range of intellectual issues;
- You achieve good grades (Humanities Lab does not use fixed grade criteria, but experience shows that students with an average grade of 7.3 or higher are able to do an honours programme in addition to their regular study programme).
|Second semester of first academic year||December onwards|
|First semester of second academic year||June onwards||14 august 23.59|
The following documents must accompany your application:
- A letter of motivation, max. 500 words (Dutch or English), in which you describe:
- why you want to join the Honours College in general;
- why you want to follow this track in particular;
- what you can do for the Honours Community.
- Curriculum vitae
- Recent transcript of grades: to be obtained from the administration of your bachelor's programme.
- Filled out study plan template in which you compile your individual track the way you envision it at this moment.
Once you have submitted your application, the admission committee will decide whether you can be admitted.
If you have applied to begin in the second semester of your first academic year, you can be 'provisionally' admitted to start your honours studies in block 4. If you comply with the admission condition of obtaining your propaedeutic (first-year) diploma within one year, your admission will be made 'definitive' in October.
If you have applied to begin in your second academic year, the Honours Academy will confirm your admittance after having verified that you have obtained your propaedeutic diploma within one year.