Application and admission
Are you ready to join an Impact Challenge team? If so, take a look at the admission requirements and application procedure below.
Who can apply?
Impact Challenges are open to motivated and dedicated students who want to make a contribution to the world around them. All Impact Challenges are open to master’s students, and some are open to advanced bachelor’s students as well.
To participate in an Impact Challenge you must meet the following admission requirements:
- You are following a master’s programme or (for some Impact Challenges) you are an advanced bachelor’s student at Leiden University.
- You are highly motivated and have an affinity with the topic.
- You can spend approximately 10 hours per week on coursework for the duration of the challenge.
Please note: You must be enrolled in a master’s or bachelor’s programme at Leiden University for the entire duration of the Impact Challenge. Students who will graduate in the meantime are not eligible to apply.
You can apply for the Impact Challenges starting 27 September 2021 at 8.30. The registration deadline is 17 October 2021 at 23:59.
You can apply by filling in and submitting the application form. Include a motivation letter (max. 1500 characters, including spacing) explaining:
- why you wish to participate in a specific Impact Challenge
- your affinity with the topic
- what you will contribute to the group (e.g., knowledge or experience from your field of study or otherwise)
Important note: Should you be admitted to an Impact Challenge, the Honours Academy will finalise your enrolment. Therefore, you do not need to register in uSis.