Career tips & tricks
Interested in the career opportunities after your graduation? Still no idea what you want to do after graduating? Do you have questions about job market orientation or do you want to know where to find vacancies? Check out the following tips & tricks!
Career tips & tricks
By thourough preparation and evaluation, you will get the most out a career event.
To prepare for your participation in a career event you can:
- Check out the programme, participating organisations and trainers.
- Decide where to participate in and who to talk to.
- Make a list with questions for relevant organisations and contacts.
- Make sure your LinkedIn profile is up-to-date.
During the FLO days
- Follow as much presentations and workshops!
- Get your CV and LinkedIn profile checked.
- If all timeslots are booked, take a look at CV/LinkedIn options during other times at the Career Service FSW.
To evaluate after your participation in a career event you can:
- Note which organisations and contacts you have spoken to and what you (did not) like(d) and noticed
- Reflect on what you have learned during the event, content and skills wise
- Invite contacts with a personal message for your LinkedIn
- Tips and advice to develop your job application and employability skills
- Information about the job market
- Assessments to learn more about yourself
- The Career Planning Roadmap
- A Job Portal with starter jobs and internships
- Study and career tips
- The Leiden University Alumni Mentornetwork
- Information about the Career Services
- And much more…
Looking for suitable vacancies? Find vacancies on the Leiden University Job Portal that employers have registered with the Career Services and look at the various job sites for internships, side jobs, starter jobs and volunteer work.
The Career Service of the faculty of Social and Behavioral Sciences assists students and recent graduates with study choice and career questions during their bachelor's and master's and with the transition from study to the first job. Interested in career opportunities after your education? Still no idea what you want to do after graduation? Doubts about your choice of study or master's degree? Do you need tips on what else you can do during your education? No idea how to start looking for a suitable job?
The Career Service FSW can help you with the following support:
- Leiden University Career Zone
- Study choice guidance
- Individual career guidance
- CV en LinkedIn profile check
- Job interview workshops and career events
- Career stress
- Career planning roadmap
- Alumni Mentor Netwerk
- Vacancies (Jobportal)
The study choice-/ career counsellors and student assistant are ready to help!
Did you sign up for the FLO days 2022? And do you want to get your CV or LinkedIn profile checked? Sign up for an online session with one of our career counselors or student assistants of the Career Service of Social Sciences! The CV and LinkedIn check take place during all three of the FLO days.
Sign up for a 10-minute session via the link on the sign up sheet. Add your CV as a Word or PDF document as well as the URL of your LinkedIn page. You will receive more information about how you will be contacted.