Job Vacancy: Student Ambassadors BSc Security Studies
We are looking for two student ambassadors for the Bachelor’s programme in Security Studies.
As a student ambassador, you help recruit new undergraduate students. This entails on the one hand helping organise various activities for prospective students and on the other delivering presentations to prospective students at secondary schools and during open days. It is a varied job with many responsibilities and challenges. You work for the Leiden University Faculty of Governance and Global Affairs and with the Institute for Security and Global Affairs. You are also in close contact with the communication departments of Leiden University and the study coordinator of the Bachelor of Security Studies.
Together with the study coordinator and a communication advisor, you
- help to organise open days and experience days, and give presentations about the programme and student life on these events;
- coordinate and organise all school visits and student for a day events;
- help create and update the material for prospective students;
- prepare the welcome that new students receive in the first week of the academic year;
- coordinate the team of student information officers.
We are looking for a student from the Bachelor’s programme in Security Studies with the following profile:
- Enthusiastic about the degree programme;
- Good social and communication skills;
- Fluency in English (spoken and written), Dutch is a big plus;
- Feel comfortable speaking in front of a large audience;
- Organisational talent;
- Sense of responsibility;
- Groomed appearance;
- Open and active attitude;
- Creative with a critical eye;
- Approachable to school children and their parents.
Term of employment
The position is for 6 hours per week on average. We are looking for students who can start 1 May 2020 and who is available for at least one and a half year and particularly during our recruitment activities most of them taking place on Saturdays.
Email your application letter (including your student registration number) and curriculum vitae as soon as possible and no later than 31 March to Benedicte Dobbinga, communication advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will be held in the first two weeks of April, Wijnhaven.