Education, Facility, ICT, Social
Apply as a summer student assistant social media Psychology
Are you an 'early adopter' of trends in social media, a know-it-all in photography and video and active in your student life? Then apply now for as a student assistant social media! You will come into contact with students, teachers and researchers from inside and outside the Institute of Psychology and Leiden University.
What/ who are we particularly pleased with?
- A master's student in Journalism and New Media (not a requirement);
- A (international) psychology bachelor's student with a minor in Journalism and New Media (not a requirement).
Deadline to apply on 13 June 2023
Send your motivation with CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
What you will do
Your role within the student web communicationw team is that of student assistant social media. In particular, you will be involved in:
- writing and sharing content on our social media channels, including Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook.
- reporting on live events such as open days, promotions and other events at the university in Leiden and The Hague.
- sharing the world of #LeidenPsychology with our followers, including (prospective) students, alumni, researchers, and other psychology fanatics, via #studentstories, #staffstories and #alumnistories, among others
- Conceiving a new episode for the Leiden Psychology Podcast and possibly co-hosting.
Who are you?
You are …
- knowledgeable about social media;
- initiative and enjoy creating new content;
- excellent in written English;
- able to read, write and speak Dutch;
- strong communicator;
- handy with computers & software;
- available to work one to two half-days weekly at FSW;
- proficient with photo editing (and video editing);
- optionally familiar with Adobe Creative Cloud programs (or similar).
What do you get?
You will be paid 9 hours per week through Job Motion as a summer student assistant untill september or October 2023. Gross hourly wage, depending on age and year of study, between ± €12.00 and ± €15.86.
Email your motivation for this sumer student assistant position, with brief resume to: email@example.com
Do you have relevant experience or a portfolio related to (online) communications, photography, videography, graphic design or audio/podcast production? Add the link or a copy, and we'll be sure to take a look!
As a student social media assistant, you will work for the Institute of Psychology. You are part of the web communication team, consisting of a chief editor and two fellow student assistants. Together you take care of the online coverage for the institute of psychology, on the website, the social media channels @LeidenPsychology, the Leiden Psychology Blog and the Leiden Psychology Podcast!
Three students (±) make up a student web communication team. The ideal team is diverse, with room for everyone's talent and the development of new talents, it is the place to combine your creativity with your psychology studies!