Study adviser or coordinator
Your study adviser or coordinator is an expert on all aspects of your study programme. If you have any questions or concerns about your programme, whether they be of a practical or academic nature, you can contact your study adviser.
Are you experiencing academic difficulties? Or are you falling behind in your studies due to personal circumstances? If so, it is essential that you speak to your study adviser/coordinator as soon as possible. He or she can advise you on the best course of action and, if required, assist you in dealing with study delay.
You can also speak to your study adviser about a range of practical issues concerning your programme, such as:
- Planning your studies
- Schedule issues
- Choosing elective credits
- Requesting exemptions
- Advice on internship
Siggie offers personal online coaching for FGGA students.
Being a student isn’t always easy, having to deal with everything that is on your plate. A full study load, possibly a job on the side while simultaneously trying to maintain a social life, quite often in a new and unfamiliar city.
Siggie’s online coaching is available to help you deal with all these challenges. From sleepless nights to dark moods and anything in between. Together, we will look for ways in which you can use your talents to increase your resilience.
FGGA covers the costs for the online coaching but Siggie is an independent organisation. Your personal information will not be shared.
Some examples of situations Siggie can help you with:
- You have noticed that you are comparing yourself to others and that it is making you insecure.
- You would like to be more aware of your strong points and focus on your strengths.
- You can take a beating, but would like to learn to better deal with setbacks.
- You have noticed that you are suffering from procrastination, which causes you stress.
- You have noticed that you are feeling anxious having to deal with so many new situations.
- You have a lot on your mind, both privately and during your studies, and you are having trouble sleeping as a result.
- You are experiencing mood swings and are occasionally overwhelmed by depressive thoughts.
These examples are not limitative, much more is possible. For more information and the application form, please visit the Siggie website.
What to expect during the online coaching sessions
The coaching process with your professional Siggie student coach consists of five online sessions spread out over approximately ten weeks. Additionally, you will gain access to various e-Health programs that will support you throughout the entire process. Read more about the coaching process.
Your study adviser or coordinator is an expert on all aspects of your study programme. If you have any questions or concerns about your programme, of a practical or academic nature, you can contact your study adviser.