Universiteit Leiden

nl en

Other types of complaints

If you have a complaint, first check if it falls into one of these categories and read the relevant advice: 

Other type of complaint?

If your complaint does not fall under one of these categories, you can instead refer to the regulations on other complaints

Complaints/confidential matters

As a student, you may disagree with a decision made by the programme, a teacher or the education administration. Alternatively, you may not have a complaint, but experience an event that you wish to discuss confidentially. For such matters, you can contact your supervisor. If you are unable to reach a solution together, or if you prefer to talk to someone other than your supervisor, you can contact the ICLON complaints coordinator, Ben Smit. You can do this by emailing klachtencoordinator@iclon.leidenuniv.nl or contacting him by phone on 071 527 3498.

On the student website under Complaints you can read what to do in case of other complaints. The complaints coordinator can also advise you on the best place to go with your complaint or trust issue. For instance, there are confidential counsellors for unacceptable behaviour who you can contact if you are or have been confronted with unacceptable behaviour, such as (sexual) harassment, bullying, aggression, violence or discrimination.
In addition, the student adviser can always think along with you and offer support.

This website uses cookies.