Application and admission
Do Master Honours Classes & Challenges appeal to you? If so, take a look at the admission requirements and application procedures below.
To participate in the Master Honours Classes & Challenges you must meet the following admission requirements:
- You are following a master’s programme at Leiden University, Erasmus University Rotterdam or Delft University of Technology. For some project-based Challenges, you may also be an advanced bachelor’s student. Check out the course description in the prospectus to see whether this applies.
- You are highly motivated and have an affinity with the topic.
- You can spend approximately 10 hours per week on coursework for the duration of the course.
- You have yet participated in a Master Honours Class or Challenge this academic year, nor are you a participant of the Leiden Leadership Programme.
Please note: You must be enrolled at Leiden University, Erasmus University Rotterdam or Delft University of Technology for the entire duration of the course. Students who will graduate in the meantime are not eligible to apply.
The registration periods for the academic year 2023-2024 are as follows:
|25 September up to and including 15 October 2023
|5 February up to and including 20February 2024
You can apply for a Master Honours Class or Challenge during the registration periods mentioned above by submitting the following documents:
- A motivation letter (max. 1500 characters, including spacing) explaining your affinity with the topic and what you will contribute to the group (e.g. knowledge or experiences from your field of study).
- Transcript of grades from your bachelor's programme.*
* You are allowed to add a list of grades of your master's programme, although this is not mandatory.
Important note: Should you be admitted to the course, the Honours Academy will finalise your enrollment. Therefore, you do not need to register in uSis yourself.
You can apply online via the Honours Academy registration system. This is only possible during the registration periods as indicated above.
There are no additional fees associated with attending a Master Honours Class or Master Honours Challenge.
In order to preserve their small-scale nature, the number of available places in each Master Honours Class or Challenge is limited.
Please note that the lecturers select participants on the basis of their motivation letter. Participants are not selected on the basis of the submission date of their application.
- If you apply for a course in the first semester, you will be informed by mid-October at the latest.
- If you apply for a course in the second semester, you will be informed by the beginning of March at the latest.