Universiteit Leiden

nl en

Entire master’s programme

Are you thinking of doing an entire master’s programme at a university abroad? Find out what you need to take into consideration.

No longer a student of Leiden University

It is not possible to do an entire master’s programme at a university abroad via an exchange agreement. Instead, you must register as a student of the university abroad, which means you will no longer be a student of Leiden University. Keep the following in mind:

  • You will pay tuition fee to the university abroad (which is often higher than Dutch tuition fees).
  • You are responsible for your own application and all other preparations.

Finding a master’s programme

Use your network to find a suitable master’s programme. Ask your lecturers for advice, or speak to international students about universities in their home countries. Alternatively, you could first decide where you want to study, then look for interesting study options in that location.

Useful websites for gathering information:

Also find out whether there are any national organisations that can offer you advice.

Start early

Take a look on the website of the university abroad to find out how and when you should apply. Deadlines are often very early and application procedures can be time consuming. So start early!

Studying or working with a non-Dutch diploma

If you have a non-Dutch master’s diploma and want to study or work in the Netherlands, there are a few things you need to take into account. Read more on the Nuffic website.

Photo: Shauny Japhary
This website uses cookies.