Universiteit Leiden

nl en

Expired, lost or stolen permit

Has your permit residence permit expired but you need to travel? What should you do if you lose your permit? Find out what steps you need to take.

Expired permit

Has your permit expired and are you awaiting a new one, but you need to travel abroad for urgent reasons? If so, you can request a re-entry visa from the Dutch immigration department before you leave. This is a sticker in your passport that allows you to re-enter the Netherlands without a valid residence permit.

Contact the IND for further details and to make an appointment. 

Lost or stolen permit

If your residence permit has been lost or stolen, you must always report it to the local police right away. You can find information on the next steps to take on the Dutch immigration department website.

This website uses cookies.