Job opening: Writing coach - FGW (Location: The Hague and Leiden)
At the Writing Lab of Leiden University, students of the Humanities Faculty in Leiden and The Hague can get free individual coaching on academic writing assignments and follow workshops. Will you strengthen our team of writing coaches? Then apply now!
What will you be doing?
As a writing coach at the Writing Lab, you support students in one-on-one conversations in all phases of the writing process: from planning, formulating research questions or making an outline to improving the structure, coherence, argumentation and/or style of a text. You will also give workshops on academic writing and assist in general PR activities of the Writing Lab.
- Individual coaching of bachelor-, master- and premaster-students with their academic writing assignments.
- Give workshops about academic writing.
- Participation in PR activities of the Writing Lab (giving lectures, maintaining social media, distributing folders, etc.)
- Helping to develop handouts and workshop materials, thinking of events, conducting research, etc.
- Participating in meetings with the team.
- You are a student at one of the programmes of the Faculty of Humanities of Leiden University.
- You can work at the Writing Lab for at least one year.
- You are available on average one day (or two half-days) per week.
- You have good communication skills.
- You have an affinity with coaching others (and preferably some experience with this).
- You want to develop as a writing coach.
- You have an affinity with writing/the writing process.
- You are willing to keep meticulous records of your agenda, meeting planning and reporting.
- You have a good command of English.
- A 0.2 fte appointment (7.6 hours per week) as a student assistant
- An extensive training course of four meetings to prepare you for your work as a writing coach
- Intensive supervision in the first year
- Regular (substantive) intervisions.
- An energetic, inquisitive and sociable team.
How to apply
Have you become interested? Then apply by sending your motivation and CV to Stéphanie Kraakman (email@example.com) at the latest on December 6th. Interviews are scheduled in the week of December 11th. Would you first like to read more about the writing centre? Take a look at our website www.writinglableiden.nl.