Science & Society
The FSW Honours College offers you an interactive Honours track, alongside your regular bachelor’s degree programme.
The Science & Society track connects theory and practice. As part of this track, you will learn how to apply your scientific knowledge to solving social issues. You will also pay a lot of attention to your own personal and professional development. Interactive workshops encourage you to think about your own purpose in life and how to achieve it.
Our starting premise is that you yourself are the owner of your professional future. The purpose of your academic studies and knowledge acquisition extends far beyond obtaining a degree. Eventually, you will take your place in the world, and play your part in changing it. This calls for a clear image of your own passion and mission, combined with knowledge of what is necessary and possible in science and society.
The Honours College FSW is an inclusive learning environment. Our Science & Society track is aimed at students who are intrinsically motivated and willing to go the extra mile. These are students who want to:
- Examine the world from the perspective of different scientific disciplines;
- Explore and establish their personal motives and ideals for the future;
- Apply their knowledge to real, contemporary issues in science and society
The learning objectives
- Create ownership of your own future, by formulating goals and an approach to achieve these goals;
- Analyse social issues from different scientific perspectives, in order to find solutions;
- Improve yourself by getting to know yourself better;
- Be open to the viewpoints of others, on a professional and a personal level;
- Learn how to deal with stress and pressure.