Collaboration with other universities
Leiden University, Delft University of Technology and the Erasmus University Rotterdam have worked together for many years on numerous aspects of teaching, research and valorisation. In 2012 this collaboration was formalised in the Leiden-Delft-Erasmus Universities strategic alliance.
The mission of Leiden University, Delft University of Technology and Erasmus University Rotterdam is: to collaborate in matters of substance and according to our own strengths, thereby contributing to the academic, social, and economic challenges of our time.
These three top-ranking universities enjoy excellent international reputations in education and research:
- Leiden University is a broad-based research-intensive university with a significant proportion of fundamental research,
- Delft University of Technology is a university of technology with broad spectrum of engineering sciences,
- Erasmus University Rotterdam is a socially-oriented research university with a focus on the fields of health, welfare, culture, and administration.
Their quality, complementarity and physical closeness offer unique opportunities for intensive structural collaboration.
You can find more information on leiden-delft-erasmus.nl.
The Master’s in Industrial Ecology is a co-operation between two Dutch universities:
- Leiden University (Faculty of Science)
- Delft University of Technology (Faculty of Technology, Policy and Management)
Both universities are at the forefront of the field of Industrial Ecology. Since 2005, when the programme of IE started, the research groups on sustainability issues with a problem owner from industry, government or research institute have gained international respect. Both universities deliver an equivalent contribution to the overall teaching programme.