Universiteit Leiden

nl en

Statements & proof of graduation

If your diploma will be awarded some time after you complete your degree, but you need formal proof of graduation, the Board of Examiners can issue a statement confirming that you have completed your studies. Contact your study adviser or coordinator for assistance.

Certified copies

For information about how to request a certified copy of your diploma or transcript please contact the Student Affairs Front Office, or take a look under your faculty or study programme tab.

Legalisation of your diploma

In some situations you may be asked to provide a legalised version of your Leiden University diploma, for example if you intend to work or study abroad. You can arrange this via DUO (Dutch Ministry of Education).

Transcript of Records


If you need an authenticated Transcript of Records (NL: cijferlijst) from the Science Student Administration, you can send an email to Transcript@edufwn.leidenuniv.nl. Mention your studyprogramme in the subject-line and give the information that is asked for in the mail.

Please allow at least two days for processing your request.

Necessary information:

  • Student Name
  • Student Number
  • Your Study Programme(s)
  • Master or Bachelor?
  • English or Dutch?
  • What period of time must be covered by the list
  • Format: PDF scanned and sent by email or hardcopy (to be collected at the Science Student Administration Gorlaeus Building B1.14)

This website uses cookies. Read