Course and exam enrolment
Take a look under your faculty or study programme tab for further information. If you have any questions, please contact your education administration office.
Course and exam enrolment
If you want to take a certain subject and / or examination (including re-sits), you have to register via uSis in a classnumber. Mostly these classnumbers refers to an EXAMINATION, but you are kindly asked to enroll as soon as you plan to follow a course. Then the coordinator can use the list of enrolled students as an indication of the number of students that can be expected in the group. Find the numbers you need by choosing your Bsc of Msc programme in the menu below or by the TAB that indicates the study programme. To change the study programme, fill in your choice on the upper right hand side of the screen.
Click here to open a guide to enrolling with a classnumber.
You can't log into uSis ? Here you find some information on your ULCN account, that you need for entrance to the university systems.
For other uSis questions, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Always mention your name, studennumber and study.
uSis and Brightspace
Brightspace is the learning management system for staff and students of Leiden University.
Enrolling for classnumbers in uSis gives you entrance to the corresponding courses in Brightspace.
uSis and MyTimeTable
MyTimeTable is as of 2021-2022 the place where you can find the classnumbers that are available for enrolling.
You can search by title or usiscode of the name of a study which will give you the lists of all courses that are offered in that study in the current year. All items that are available are shown, including the classnumbers that are created when an item is put into the roster program.
Enrollment in one of the items automatically adds you tot the linked Brightspace page.
You can also find the classnumbers in MyTimeTable.
Below you will find the classnumbers for the courses/exams that are offered in the year 2021 - 2022. Classnumbers also be found in MyTimeTable (Be aware to choose the option that has a mark 2021 for the courses of the next year.
Are you unable to find a course? Mail to email@example.com . It would help if you add a link to the E-study guide for the specific course.
For the Bachelor study Life Science and Technology you do not need to register in uSis. The administration of these courses is in Delft.
Astronomy (link to astronomy website)
- Biology 14-7-2021
>Biopharmaceutical Sciences Link to the E-guide; check the documents on the right hand side
Computer Science (14-7-2021)
We advise you to go to MyTimeTable to find the classnumbers for the courses of the bachelor Computer Science
Physics (link to physics website)
Specialisation Business Studies (4-8-2020)
Specialisation Science Communication and Society (31-10-2020)
Education: You don't need to enroll for classnumbers for the Education-courses
Below you will find the classnumbers for the courses/exams that are offered in the year 2021-2022.
The Classnumbers can also be found in MyTimeTable.
You can find a course in the list of your study programme. Are you unable to find a course? Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org .
Astronomy (Link to Astronomy web-page; check final page of the document)
Biopharmaceutical Sciences (14-7-2021)
Chemistry and Life Science and Technology (LIC) (14-7-2021)
Computer Science (14-7-2021)
Governance of Sustainability (14-7-2021)
ICT in Business and the Public Sector (14-7-2021)
Industrial Ecology (14-7-2021)
Media Technology (14-7-2021)
Physics (Link to web-page; check final page of the document)
Statistical Science (14-7-2021)
Specialisation Business Studies (15-7-2021)
Specialisation Science Communication and Society (15-7-2021)
Education: You do not need to enroll for the classnumbers of this specialisation.
The enrollment period for the minors 2021-2022 is closed. If you are accepted in a minor, please do not forget to enroll for the courses that are part of this minor..
After you have received confirmation that you have a place in the minor, you should enroll for the courses that are part of the minor. If classnumbers are available, you can find them by clicking on the name of the minor.
Sustainable Chemistry and Biotechnology 4000MSCHBN
Quantitative Biology 4000MQBION (1056)
- Quantitative Biology 15EC 4000KBITN (1057)
Science, Business and Innovation 4000MSCBIN (1058)
- Science, Business and Innovation: Management Courses 4000KSBI1N (1059)
- Science, Business and Innovation: Entrepreneurship Courses 4000KSBI2N (1060)
Sustainable Development 4000MDONTN (1061)
LDE minors are a cooperation between Leiden, Delft en Rotterdam.
<more information follows>
Science Faculty Courses
Some courses do not 'belong' to a certain programme of study but are for 'all' Students.
These courses are for 2021-2022: List of Faculty Courses 21-22
Course and exam enrolment Computer Science 2021-2022
To participate in Computer Science courses uSis enrolment is needed. Without timely registration, participation may become impossible and grades cannot be registered. Some courses consists of lectures only, others consists of both lectures and workgroups/practicals. If the latter is the case, you need to sign up in uSis for the workgroups/practicums as well.
- The Spring 2022 course registration period starts on December 16, 13:00 PM.
- Contrary to many other Leiden University courses, there is no registration deadline or closing for Master Computer Science Spring 2022 courses, with the exception of exams and retakes (see below).
- New incoming students can only sign up for courses in uSis if their Leiden University registration for the Master Computer Science is completed.
- Enrolment in lectures, workgroups/practicals/tutorials and exams is required before the start of each semester (see instructions below).
- Registration for exams and retakes closes 10 days before the exam or retake date.
- Do not sign up for retakes automatically. Only register for retakes after not passing the exam.
Problems signing up in uSis?
If you encounter problems with your course and exam registration in uSis, please send an email to the Science Student Administration via email@example.com. Make sure to include your student number, study programme, the course you want to enrol in and a brief description of the problem.
How to enrol in uSis
Follow the steps below to register for Computers Science courses and exams/retakes:
- Login at uSis with your ULCN/Brightspace account
- Click on 'Main Menu' and go to 'Self Service'
- Click on 'Student Center'
- Click on 'Enrol'
- Enrol in one of the following ways:
1. Enrol by entering the class number
- Click on 'Enrol by entering the class number'
- Enter the class number of the course as listed in Master Computer Science Classnumbers Fall 2021 or Spring 2022 (you can also find the class numbers in My Timetable (MTT).
- Click on ‘Continue’
- The course can now be found under ‘Shopping cart’. Go to this page and select the course. Click on ‘Enrol’
2. Enrol by searching the course/using the catalogue number
- Click on 'Enrol by searching the course'
- Select the relevant academic year and click on 'Continue'
- Fill in the fields and click on 'Search'
- Courses matching your search will appear below the search field.
- Select the course you want to sign up for. Take note of the column ‘Description’, that indicates whether the course is an exam or a retake. Click on ‘To shopping cart’.
- The course can now be found under ‘Shopping cart’. Go to this page and select the course. Click on ‘Enrol’.
Note on the Catalogue numbers:
- Catalogue no. + H = Lecture or seminar
- Catalogue no. + W = Workgroup or practicum
- Catalogue no. + T = Exam or retake
- Catalogue no. + X = Other assessment method (e.g. assignments, paper or report) with fixed, 'artificial' submission dates in uSis. Final submission deadlines will be announced by the lecturer during class and via Brightspace.
In My Timetable (MTT) you can find the schedules of all Master Computer Science courses. You can create your own personal schedule based on your study plan by adding different course timetables. Courses you are enrolled in through uSis are automatically added in your timetable. Schedule changes are automatically implemented in your calendar, and, if you like, you can receive change notifications by e-mail. My Timetable can be easily connected to calendar apps on your smartphone.