The Career Service offers support if you have questions about your career, your personal profile, the job market and job applications. Are you looking for career advice? Why don’t you get in touch with one of our career advisers.
It’s a good idea to start thinking about your future (academic) career as early as your first year of studies. You should familiarise yourself with the job market, draw up a personal profile and start working on your CV. Leiden University would be happy to help you.
Your career adviser can help you to plan your career, learn more about the job market and give form to your personal profile. Even in your first year of studies your career adviser can offer tips and advice for your future career.
Do you have a question? Or do you have no idea what to do after graduation? Make an appointment with a career adviser at your career service. See the faculty tab for more information.
A career advice meeting can cover aspects such as:
- discussing your (academic) career (e.g. part-time jobs, internships, extra-curricular activities)
- career testing
- looking into what positions and types of employer would suit you best
- building up your network
- examining your qualities, interests and what drives you (your personal profile)
- learning about where and how you can collect information about positions and organisations
- checking your CV and cover letter
- tips about your LinkedIn profile
- preparing and practising for job interviews
One to one appointment
An appointment with one of the careers advisors about:
- career planning and your personal profile
- your CV and LinkedIn profile
- job opportunities and applying for a job
- job seeking strategies
Please contact email@example.com for short questions about careers and employability.
You will find more information about career planning, job applications and career tests on the LU Career Zone.
Doubting your study choice?
Are you having doubts about your choice of studies? Maybe your studies are not going well? Are you thinking about switching programmes?
For support and guidance on study choice you can also contact the Career Counsellors.
Call for an appointment: +31 71 527 8025.